Lately, the minimum wage has been the subject of an interesting debate in not only Pennsylvania, but in states around the country. What will truly help the poor?
About: Michael Lacey
Recent Posts by Michael Lacey
So what is jury nullification? The first question that must be determined is, What is the role of the juror? Is that role to judge the facts of the case and render a decision on the law as given by the sitting judge, or is it to determine that justice ultimately be served? Do we find at the federal level the Department of Laws or the Department of Justice?
One of the WBIG‘s April initiatives was to determine how our local representatives would vote on the Voters’ Choice Act, a bill introduced in the Pennsylvania Senate by Senator Mike Folmer and co-sponsored by local legislator Senator Lisa Baker. The legislation, known as SB 195, would essentially even the playing field for third parties who wish to be included on the November General Election ballot, and adhere to our state constitution’s mandate of “free and equal” elections.
Recent Comments by Michael Lacey
- May 10, 2016 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- August 21, 2015 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- April 20, 2015 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- February 12, 2015 on We, the People: Independent Citizen Review Board forming to investigate the courts
- February 12, 2015 on Common law grand jury group meets in Edwardsville