Now the new label for those to put up or shut up during the shutdown is “excepted,” as if that term is clearer as to their value than “essential,” and as if “non-excepted” is way more sensitive a term than “non-essential federal employee.”
About: Licia Gregory
Licia Gregory is the author of “My Favorite Girl” (Tate Publishing), and currently resides in Wilkes-Barre.
Recent Posts by Licia Gregory
I miss the innocence of that era, and I especially miss the safety and security that responsible parents, neighbors, and those in power, who did their jobs, kept in place. I recall that the mayors we grew up with stayed visible in the city, helped keep the children safe, and respected the collective opinions of others.
Recent Comments by Licia Gregory
- May 10, 2016 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- August 21, 2015 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- April 20, 2015 on Custody for Cash: A plea for help, when there is no place else to turn
- February 12, 2015 on We, the People: Independent Citizen Review Board forming to investigate the courts
- February 12, 2015 on Common law grand jury group meets in Edwardsville