Thank you for submitting your question to Ask the Vet Rep. Your question on property tax is a great one. In Pennsylvania, you are eligible to apply for that benefit if you meet the requirements, and based on what you submitted, your disability is 50 percent, but would need to be 100 percent (total and permanent), as assigned by the Veterans Administration. Also, the Veteran has to have served during a period of war, as defined by Congress, and have an income below the threshold amount. I hope this helps in your tax planning.

Read more