What services do you provide to vets, and where/how can you be contacted

Dear Vet Rep,

What services do you provide to vets, and where/how can you be contacted?

John W.

Dear John W.,

I provide aid, representation, and information to veterans of all branches of the military and their families, completely free of charge. They do not have to be members of the American Legion. Specifically, some of the assistance I offer includes taking veterans through the complicated processes of filing claims, getting information on educational programs, obtaining direction with programs that aid in procuring jobs, and finding suitable programs for securing housing. In addition, I help guide them through programs that provide hospital stays, and also help with any other health care issues as needed. Lastly, I assist widows/widowers and surviving dependents of deceased veterans in receiving burial and other benefits for which they qualify.

My primary office is in the Veterans Hospital in Wilkes-Barre,  at 1123 East End Blvd., Building 35, Suite #4. I look forward to hearing from you.

The Vet Rep

  • Kerry Schimelfenig
  • http://www.wbindependentgazette.com/askthevetrep
  • Kerry is an American Legion Department State Service Officer and Disabled Gulf War Navy veteran.

Comments are closed.